Monday, May 25, 2009

Jay Bennett, R.I.P.

I went to Indy500 yesterday, had a great day, Helio won, (not to be confused with The Helio Sequence) played over 100 songs on my iPod on the way there and back in my car on the 3+ hour drive to the track.  Before I went to bed I plugged in my iPod to sync it to scrobble-de-bobble all these songs to last.fm when I read several posts on the Postcard listserv that former Wilco member Jay Bennett had died.  While I hoped it was just internet rumor because, as I've scribed in this very place before, everything you read on the internet is true, I was hoping it wasn't.

Then the more I read, the more official looking website links began filling my gmail inbox.  Sad.  This incarnation of Wilco with Jay Bennett was one of my favorites.  While Jeff Tweedy and John Stirratt remain the constants of the group if I was to make a "Wilco Supergroup" comprised of current and former members of the band, this said band would most certainly include Jay Bennett.

Here is a obit posted by Jim DeRogatis late last night.  Nice long url, huh?  I didn't trim my url.

No comments:

Post a Comment